[erlang-questions] Start me up.

Romain Lenglet rlenglet@REDACTED
Wed Nov 15 16:30:30 CET 2006

Pupeno wrote:
> Hey! Thank you a lot for all the files! This is starting to
> look good.
>
> run_erl is found correctly because it is located in
> /usr/bin/run_erl [1] but erl_call is not on a common path, it
> is only
> on /usr/lib/erlang/lib/erl_interface-3.5.5.1/bin/erl_call [2].
> Defining ERL_CALL it is easy to control, but I'd like the
> scripts to be a bit more intelligent and try to find it on
> $(ERLANG_INSTALL_LIB_DIR)/erl_interface-*/bin/, is that
> possible ?

Sure!

On a second thought, replace calls to AC_PATH_TOOL by calls to
AC_PATH_PROG, in your configure.ac. It makes more sense here.

And in calls to either AC_PATH_TOOL or AC_PATH_PROG, etc., the
last argument is an optional custom PATH.

Therefore, to check for erl_call and run_erl, let's simply add
checks for the root directory and erl_interface's directory, and
add the detected paths as arguments to AC_PATH_PROG.

Cf. the attached patch to your configure.ac.

BTW, I am using Debian, where erl_call is symlinked in /usr/bin,
so I did not remark that issue.

--
Romain LENGLET
Pr. Chiba Shigeru Group