[erlang-questions] trying to understand i/o threading (erl +A)

Count László de Almásy calmasy@REDACTED
Tue Nov 14 03:48:38 CET 2006

On 11/13/06, Bengt Kleberg <bengt.kleberg@REDACTED> wrote:
> in your case i would suggest measuring the performance of your
> application(s?) with increasing values for size, until the performance
> stops increasing.

I was hoping for a better understanding of +A as opposed to just using
trial and error for every application.

> that might sound like hard work. as an alternative, i think i saw
> somewhere that _if_ your platform uses the async thread pool you could
> try setting size to one more than the number of processors on your
> system. in this day and age i could furthermore guess that processors
> could be replaced with number of cores.

In other words, no one else knows the answer to my question either.

--
Cheers, László