[erlang-questions] Erlang doesn't like ubuntu 6.10

Daniel Luna luna@REDACTED
Mon Nov 13 13:59:43 CET 2006

I've had similar problems when upgrading to 6.10. The problem went away
after downgrading gcc to 4.0.

gcc --version
gcc-4.1 (GCC) 4.1.2 20060928 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.1-13ubuntu5)

# Don't worry it's just a symlink
sudo rm /usr/bin/gcc
sudo ln -s gcc-4.0 /usr/bin/gcc

gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.0.4 20060630 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.0.3-4)

You may have to install gcc-4.0. Not sure whether it's part of the
normal install.

HTH

/Luna

--
Daniel Luna                           | Top reasons that I have a beard:
luna@REDACTED                     |  a) Laziness.