[erlang-questions] Announce: EDTK version 1.5 candidate 1

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Mon Nov 13 04:59:33 CET 2006

Greetings.  Thanks to an awful lot of hard work by Chris Newcombe, I
am pleased to announce a release candidate, #1, of version 1.5 of
EDTK, the Erlang Driver ToolKit.

http://www.snookles.com/erlang/edtk/

I confess I haven't looked at it much, between house repair projects
and $#^&$#!^%! problems with RSI.  It is possible that only the
Berkeley DB driver will even compile.  Please see *all* of the various
README* files.  In the next few days, I hope to take a look at the
other drivers (bundled as examples) for portability, etc.

Chris has included a PowerPoint summary of what he did to create a
robust Erlang <-> Berkeley DB 4.5 driver.  I've split that out from
the tarball, for those who might be interested without wanting to
download the entire tarball.

To those gentle readers who have contributed bugfixes, etc. to me, it
is quite possible that they are not present in this new RC tarball.
If so, it's entirely my fault, and I owe you an apology.  I'll do what
I can to merge those things in, as long as my fingers cooperate.

-Scott