[erlang-questions] Erlang distribution without working DNS?

Gaspar Chilingarov nm@REDACTED
Sun Nov 5 00:36:50 CET 2006

Ulf Wiger wrote:
> Den 2006-11-03 22:41:57 skrev Gaspar Chilingarov <nm@REDACTED>:
>
>> Hi all!
>>

>> Is it possible run erlang distribution protocol without working DNS
>> servers for nodes located on different machines?
>>
>> I've found no reasonable way for it.
>
> Have you meditated over the following section of the ERTS User's Guide?
>
> http://www.erlang.org/doc/doc-5.5.1/erts-5.5.1/doc/html/inet_cfg.html#7
>
> BR,
> Ulf W
> --Ulf Wiger

Great! I believed that it's somewhere there, but .... we have no helper
monkey in office yet -- probably because of low radiation level, and it
is sometimes difficult to get correct keywords on google to fetch
correct info.

Thanks a lot :)

--
Gaspar Chilingarov