[erlang-questions] How to Convert a Mixed Term to String

Jeff Crane <>
Sat Nov 4 09:50:15 CET 2006

When testing my app by reading a file, I could easily
pull a string like:

But when I pull from an erlang MySQL implementation, I
end up with:
and I cannot figure out how to convert it to:
since transforms seem to always remove the curly

Can anyone describe how they would go about this?

It's really frustrating to be stuck on a formatting issue.