[erlang-questions] 2 questions

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Thu Nov 2 13:43:36 CET 2006

Kirill Zaborski wrote:
> Are there any resources about using Erlang in Emacs?
> And also are there any resources about debugging Erlang (in Emacs or simply
> in erl)? I searched for some tutorial and it seems like there is almost
> nothing except documentation about dbg.

Debugger:
http://www.erlang.org/doc/doc-5.5.1/lib/debugger-3.1/doc/html/part_frame.html
http://www.erlang.org/doc/doc-5.5.1/lib/debugger-3.1/doc/html/index.html

Erlang offers a very powerful tracing facility.  In fact, once you are
accustomed to it, you will rarely need to use a debugger.

The dbg tracing docs are here:
http://www.erlang.org/doc/doc-5.5.1/lib/runtime_tools-1.6/doc/html/dbg.html

Yet, the example of dbg is documented in a rather non-intuitive place
(scroll closer to the middle of the page):
http://www.erlang.org/doc/doc-5.5.1/lib/stdlib-1.14.1/doc/html/ms_transform.html

The link below (at the bottom of the page) has an extension of the
Erlang shell that simplifies usage of tracing facility:
http://forum.trapexit.org/viewtopic.php?t=6206

Serge