Cannot compile Erlang

Per Hedeland hedeland@REDACTED
Sat May 6 17:19:39 CEST 2006

"danner mideann" <danner.mideann@REDACTED> wrote:

>I downloaded erlang source code (otp_src_R10B-10.tar.gz), unpacked, ./configure'
>d it and tried to make it. I get this error (follow output follows the mail):
>
>Makefile.in has been updated, please re-run configure!

Have you checked the time and *date* on your computer? As far as I know,
Makefile.in should never be updated in a normal build - and of course
'make' can't know one way or the other, it just compares the time stamps
on Makefile.in and Makefile, and finds that Makefile.in is newer, even
though Makefile should have been generated from Makefile.in by
configure.

This will happen if the date/time on your box is at some point in the
past, before Makefile.in was created/modified by the OTP team and packed
into the distribution tarball. Another possibility might be some
"weirdness" with time stamping in the file system you're using, e.g. NFS
with clock skew between client and server.

--Per Hedeland