newbie

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Thu May 4 15:34:26 CEST 2006

arthur ingram writes:

 > I am new to erlang would like a good learning process ...of how write
 > network programs like parsing ip packets... I noticed several
 > tutorials ...

You've asked your question four times now, in varying forms. The
answers you've received were good. They pointed you in the right
direction. The way forward now is more reading, more thinking, some
doing and, once you've done that, perhaps more questions.

Here's a top-secret page with links to Erlang documentation:

  http://www.erlang.org/doc.html

 > Going forward  will support for different platforms continue
 > to grow ... Opensolaris  including sparc , BSDs, Mac OS X, .....

According to both the README file at the top of the source tree and
the Erlang FAQ, erlang already works just fine on solaris sparc, BSDs
and Mac OS X.

Matthias