obscure erlang-related publication

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Tue Mar 28 10:44:23 CEST 2006

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) writes:

 > "A comparison of six languages for system level
 > description of telecom applications"
 > Jantsch, Kumar, Sander et al.
 > http://www.imit.kth.se/~axel/papers/2000/comparison.pdf
 >
 > I didn't see that under erlang.se/publications/

Wading through it all, you get to this on page 8:

  | These [the results] are the results of the judgment of one
  | or several persons for each language. In particular there
  | were 2 persons to evaluate Erlang, 3 for C++, 2 for Haskell,
  | 4 for VHDL, 2 for SDL and 2 for ProGram.

I.e. they asked between 4 and 15 people what they thought about
various aspects of one or more language and then put the results in
impressive-looking tables, assigned fancy abbreviations and the odd
greek letter before fudging around.

They conclude that you can't conclude anything from the exercise.

I agree completely.

Matthias