build questions

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Sun Mar 19 12:46:38 CET 2006

I'm not volunteering to do it, but one or more of the following are
potential cleaner solutions:

  a) modify the make system so that mkliteral is compiled with the
     host compiler
or

  b) modify the make system so that it uses mkliteral from the
     natively-compiled copy of Erlang on the build system (you need
     this anyway for other parts of the build)
or
  c) add a build option --disable-dialyzer (works until someone wants
     to cross-compile dialyzer...)

My struggles with autoconf, toolchains and make always seem to get
messy and unsatisfying, even when I have the best of
intentions. So "dirty but works" is just fine by me.

Matthias