JMS

chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Tue Mar 14 15:12:18 CET 2006

One of our IT systems wanted to talk to one of my erlang systems using
JMS. So I thought I can implement the wire protocol of JMS and got
it's spec from the Sun website. Here is an extract.

<quote>
1.1 Abstract
JMS provides a common way for Java programs to create, send, receive
and  read an enterprise messaging system's messages.

1.2.4  What JMS Does Not Include
Load Balancing/Fault Tolerance
Error/Advisory Notification
Administration
Security
Wire Protocol
Message Type Repository

</quote>

Now, what is the point of a f*ng messaging system if the wire
protocol, load balancing, fault tolerance aren't specified. And then
users moan that different vendor implementations of JMS do not
interoperate! Duh!

Sorry about the rant. I'm working from home today and I had to vent my
frustration somehow :-)