OTP tree doubts

Surindar Sivanesan surindar.shanthi@REDACTED
Thu Mar 2 13:56:26 CET 2006

Hi all,

I have some doubts in OTP design.

1.In gen_event behaviour, it is mentioned in the document that, start_link()
function creates an event manager process as part of a supervision
tree.Butin that function there is no parameter of supervisor
reference. In case of
gen_server or gen_fsm behaviour, the start_link function has the supervisor
reference as parameter. I'm able to understand gen_fsm and gen_server but
gen_event is still confusing. If there is any example applying gen_event,
please give me.

2.I can create a thread which continuously running in a loop

ex:
-module(sample).

start()->
spawn(sample,continuous,[]).

continuous()->
%%Functionality is done here
continuous().

whether the same type of thread is implemented as child like gen_fsm,
gen_server, gen_event in OTP tree.

Please clarify me
--
with regards,