Supervision tree and notification of child exit

Rick Pettit <>
Sun Jan 15 00:07:57 CET 2006

On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 07:43:27PM +0000, Joel Reymont wrote:
> Folks,
> I would like to use a supervision tree and get notified when a child
> crashes. I would like to know the error as well. Is there a way to
> achieve this within the supervisor module or would I need to roll a
> supervisor of my own?
> I'm coding a test harness and my goal is to log an entry with the pid
> and exit reason one a child exits.

I asked a very similar question back in september--the entire thread is in the
list archives and begins w/the following post:

I received the most help from Serge Aleynikov. IIRC the following post helped
the most:

Hope that helps,