Storing pids

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Jan 5 14:00:29 CET 2006

erlang:phash2 doesn't give a unique number.
The idea of hash values is to efficiently identify
a "bucket" in which to store the value. It's ok,
for several values to occupy the same bucket, as
long as there aren't too many. If a bucket overflows,
the idea of linear hashing is to double the hash space
and rehash cleverly.

md5 would be more likely to give a unique value,
but then I would much prefer Mats's solution.

/Uffe