How to find out what's going on

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Wed Jan 4 01:46:22 CET 2006

Why would throughput be better with synchronous logging as opposed to
asynchronous?

I'm afraid of tracing becoming a bottleneck if I make it synchronous,
sort of like a lock that only lets one process through. Maybe my
fears are unfounded, though.

Also, how do I get hold of the disk_log pid to inspect the message
queue length? I found pid2name(Pid) -> {ok, Log} | undefined but
don't see a name2pid(Name) -> {ok, Pid}.

--
http://wagerlabs.com/