How to find out what's going on

Sean Hinde sean.hinde@REDACTED
Wed Jan 4 01:10:25 CET 2006

Joel,

Check the message queue length of the disk_log_server.

disk_log:alog sends an async message to the disk_log_server.

Try with disk_log:log instead and see if you get the same result.
 From what I have seen in the past the throughput under full load
will increase dramatically - especially if combined with emulator
thread pool (erl +A 10).

To answer your question, the only way to really see where time is
being spent in the emulator is to profile the emulator itself while
running your program. If you figure out how to get profiling working
with the gnu tools then a blog post on that would be quite
interesting :-)

Sean