[erlang-questions] Changing scheduler behaviour to make tests less deterministic

Rickard Green rickard.s.green@REDACTED
Wed Dec 27 23:25:10 CET 2006

As of R11B-3 there will be a "modified timing" command line argument
to erl (+T). It will be possible to modify the timing more or less.
It will (most likely) do the following:

* spawn/spawn_link/spawn_opt will schedule out the parent process
   and with "heavier modified timing" force the parent to sleep
   for a while. (Among the few SMP bugs we have found in our Erlang
   code, most of them have been bugs where the code depended on the
   parent doing some initialization before the child began
   executing.)
* A fixed amount of reductions will be bumped as soon as a process
   is scheduled in.

BR,
Rickard Green, Erlang/OTP