[erlang-questions] Why is Erlang what it is?

Kirill Zaborski qrilka@REDACTED
Thu Dec 14 13:37:06 CET 2006

On 12/14/06, Mats Cronqvist <mats.cronqvist@REDACTED> wrote:

> (*) i'm not talking about wadlers (or any other) type system in
> particular.
> but a few years ago i did a study on erlang-related bug reports in our
> live
> product. the conclusion was that once we get to system test, we find
> essentially
> no more type-related bugs (**).
> www.erlang.se/workshop/2004/matsbilder.pdf

I've seen this paper and maybe 1 line about typing was too short to remember
:)

(**) running dialyzer on well-tested code will turn up tons of errors. alas,
> that almost always turns out to be dead code.

I'll dedicate more time for Dialyzer, thanx