Mac Intel

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Fri Aug 4 03:41:47 CEST 2006

On Aug 4, 2006, at 2:33 AM, Mikael Pettersson wrote:

> The issue is not x86 but the operating system and C library.
> To support HiPE on x86 or amd64 we need to be able to enforce
> sigaltstack semantics on all signal handlers. We can do this
> with Linux/glibc on x86/amd64 and Solaris/x86 (not yet ported
> to Solaris/amd64 due to lack of availability), but we have no
> idea how to do this on MacTel.

Well... The semantics of sigaltstack should be the same across Mac
OSX PPC and Mac OSX Intel, at least I think so. HiPE is supposed in
Mac OSX PPC from what I remember. I'm very much trivializing things
but I wonder if there's a straightforward way to keep the Mac OSX PPC
semantics while plugging in the Intel code generation.

If you would be kind enough to guide me I could look into adding HiPE
functionality to Mac Intel as I have time to spare.

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/