Bug with ets? Or feature?

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Sun Apr 16 23:30:25 CEST 2006

Hi,

By default, the ets table is owned by the process which creates it.

When an ets table's owner terminates, the ets table is automatically
destroyed. In your case the shell is the owner. The badmatch kills
the shell process. Try evaluating self() before and after the lookup.

As you predicted, you haven't found a bug. You've discovered a
feature. It's documented, albeit semi-implicitly, in the ETS manpage.

Matthias