Using Multiple nodes with same Cookie on single machine

Fredrik Thulin ft@REDACTED
Wed Sep 28 13:45:16 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 12.35, Manjeet.Singh Sardar (AC/EDD)
wrote:
> My question is, since we are planning to run different server nodes
> on single machine with same Cookie, does it effects the communication
> or performance of the system.

I assume you mean 'affect', not 'effect'. What do you mean by 'affect'?

Node-to-node communication over the loopback interface is probably a
tiny bit faster than node-to-node communication over fast ethernet (100
Mbp/s) or gigabit ethernet (1000 Mbp/s), but only marginally.

> Has anybody tested this type of setup?

Yes, I have several physical servers which run more than one erlang-node
per server - naturally using the same cookie.

/Fredrik