extracting subjectAltName

Fredrik Thulin ft@REDACTED
Mon Sep 26 16:35:39 CEST 2005

If I have a certificate structure returned by ssl:peercert/2, how do I
extract the subjectAltName(s)?

It seems that subjectAltName is an extension that is stored in the
'extensions' element of a 'TBSCertificate' record, which is in turn
part of the 'Certificate' record returned by
	ssl:peercert(Socket, [pkix]).

I find various encoding/decoding functions for certificates among the
SSL sources - some of which actually looks like they know what the
subjectAltName extension is. However I can't seem to find the right one
that extracts the extension I'm interested in, so I would be very
thankful for some help.

Thanks in advance

/Fredrik