erlang and gdb

Per Gustafsson per.gustafsson@REDACTED
Tue Sep 13 11:28:02 CEST 2005

I had to make sure that the directory containing inet_gethost
(otp/bin/i686-pc-linux-gnu/) was in my path in order to run gdb. In
addition to this I write

export ROOTDIR=SuitablePath/otp/
export BINDIR=$ROOTDIR/bin/i686-pc-linux-gnu/
gdb $BINDIR/beam

and in gdb

run -- -root $ROOTDIR

of course the i686-pc-linux-gnu part depends on what machine you are using.

Per