erlang and gdb

Bjorn Gustavsson <>
Tue Sep 13 10:51:50 CEST 2005

To update the script, you can run

   erl -emu_args

to find out which arguments that are normally passed to 'beam'.

You'll also need to set some environment variable, for instance
BINDIR. You can look in the 'erl' script to see how they should
be set.

But if you have a core-file, you just run gdb like this:

gdb <Root of installation>/erts-5.4.9/bin/beam core