addressing a lot of processes

Chandrashekhar Mullaparthi chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Fri May 20 18:50:29 CEST 2005

That is right. atoms are not garbage collected. For the number of
processes you are talking about, you really don't need to worry about
performance. The lookup table from IP->PID should perform well enough.

The basic rule of programming in erlang is not to worry about
performance first, but to implement a solution to your problem in the
most intuitive way. Then you test it and only then think about
rewriting if your performance requirements are not met.

cheers
Chandru