Stand-Alone Erlang (was RE: Erlang Micro Edition.)

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Thu Jun 30 12:13:28 CEST 2005

Erik Reitsma (RY/ETM) wrote:
>>Presumably the best approach would be to start with
>>Stand-Alone Erlang.
>
> What is the status of Stand-Alone Erlang. especially for Windows? With erts-5.4.4 I was able to use the erl.exe and some other files, with a modified erl.ini and the ebin directories I needed, to get something that could be distributed in an installer for Windows. For some reason this no longer worked for erts-5.4.6.
> I would be very happy if I could simply create one or more files that I can give to people with clean Windows installations, so that they can run my Erlang software without a full installation of Erlang/OTP. And uninstalling the application should be simple too.

I did not upgrade REPOS to the latest Erlang. Latest beta version use
erts-5.4.4.
I hope that there is a work around for this change as we wer using a
modified erl.ini file to have relative path to be able to have an Erlang
multi-platform on CDROM and freely installable on disk by a simple copy
of the directory structure.

Do you know Erik what has changed ?

--
Mickaël Rémond