Getting locks and sharing: was RE: Getting concurrency

James Hague james.hague@REDACTED
Wed Jun 15 15:18:36 CEST 2005

> Multi-cpu Erlang is a very attractive proposition.

I agree.  With AMD and Intel both pushing multiple cores on one chip,
this looks like the time to resurrect the multi-CPU Erlang research.
I fully expect that *all* desktops will have multiple CPUs within the
next five years.  (There are even rumors that, as part of the
transition to Intel chips, Apple is only going to ship multi-CPU
machines, including notebooks.  We'll see.)