Getting locks and sharing: was RE: Getting concurrency

ke.han ke.han@REDACTED
Wed Jun 15 05:50:14 CEST 2005

I agree with Ulf and Joe on the issue that erlang solves concurrency in
a cleaner fashion for real world business problems.  I have built very
tedious Java applications and systems frameworks to remove threading
issues from the app programmer.  Its a very difficult job.  I'm very
hapy with my switch to erlang.  The Bray blog post dismisses erlang too
easily but you will see this type of dismissal continue in other ways if
erlang doesn't "grow" in ways to meet the multi-core and multi-cpu market,
Multi-core and multi-cpu system need to be supported with a single
erlang node in order for the rest of the programming world to not
quickly dismiss erlang.  I've read the research paper on multi-cpu
erlang...looks promising. Is there any chance of this becoming a real
product?
thanks, ke han