Erlang / Javascript interface

Olivier Sambourg olivier.sambourg@REDACTED
Wed Jun 8 16:41:58 CEST 2005

Hi everyone

I'm currently working on a MMORPG game. The server part is pure erlang, and
uses ejabberd and XMPP to send base64-encoded binary erlang data
(term_to_binary) to the client (I know there must be better ways, but at
least it's VERY simple for the server). On the client side, two versions
co-exist : pure java (using jinterface and an XMPP library to retrieve the
data) and a thin web client.

I've just found a javascript XMPP library (JSJaC, which uses the infamous
XMLHttpRequest object), so the final link would be the equivalent of
jinterface / erl_interface for javascript (data processing only).

Has anyone ever worked on something like that, or will I have to code it
myself (if it's possible but so far no reason why it shouldn't be...) ?

Thanks

//
Olivier