towards an Erlang IDE

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Sun Jul 24 10:33:38 CEST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vance Shipley" <vances@REDACTED>
> I'm thinking of bringing it
> full circle and editing the erlang modules using a GUI.
> I'd like an appmon like application for display and
> editing of graphs obtained by parsing the modules.
> Use a similiar scheme for inspecting running processes
> ala appmon or Erlang Verification Tool.  The EVT looks
> very interesting.  It uses uDraw to display graphs it creates.

Hi,

Eclipse has a nice graphical editor framework plugin, GEF, that could be
used for something like that. Once the Erlide environment is in place, I was
thinking about trying something similar (but I'd start with something
simpler, like the application monitor).

Regarding storing parse trees in the CVS, I think the disadvantage is just
as big as the problem it solves: you won't be able to easily compare/merge
different versions, unless using a special tool that will transform to text
before comparing.

regards,
Vlad