precise debugging :)

Lennart Öhman lennart.ohman@REDACTED
Mon Jul 11 21:45:12 CEST 2005

Hi, yes many people complains about error messages. However
much can most often be told immediately from the message.
You are experiencing a badarg, you shall search for the cause
among the arguments to a BIF.

Good luck,
Lennart

Lennart Ohman                   office : +46-8-587 623 27
Sjöland & Thyselius Telecom AB  cellular: +46-70-552 6735
Sehlstedtsgatan 6               fax     : +46-8-667 8230
SE-11528, STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN     email   : lennart.ohman@REDACTED

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-erlang-questions@REDACTED
[mailto:owner-erlang-questions@REDACTED] On Behalf Of Gaspar Chilingarov
Sent: den 8 juli 2005 20:01
To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: precise debugging :)

Hi all!

While my erlang program is running it sometimes gives me messages like -

Error in process <0.443.0> with exit value:
{badarg,[{udp_driver,input_handler,2},{udp_driver,input_handler_msg,1}]}

which is totally useless, because input_handler have a lot of clauses.

are there any ways to get precise point, where I got failures or I
should enable tracing and look into trace log?

thanks in advance

--
Gaspar Chilingarov
System Administrator