Streaming Input

orbitz orbitz@REDACTED
Mon Feb 28 22:55:29 CET 2005

I'm not sure that'll work in my situation necessarily.  In this
protocol, only some objects have a size specification, and others don't.
And the ones that don't can be variable size. It uses prefix/suffix to
say when decoding should start and end.  Also I don't know how much I
need until I've identified what type it is and started extracting it,
and since sometimes are variable in size and the protocol uses a suffix
to tell me when to stop decoding that type I can't figure out how much I
need.  Perhaps my original idea of figuring out what type it is then
sending to a special extract function for that type is no good?  It
seems simpler that way since I don't need to keep track of state, but
more prone to issues since I need to go back to this waiting function
every time I run out of data but haven't finished decoding my object.

Thanks