standalone erlang

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Fri Feb 18 13:13:52 CET 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Lindgren" <thomasl_erlang@REDACTED>
> I think it depends. If your users are naive, or have a
> merely casual interest in your program, then a
> painless "single-binary" distribution might also save
> you from a lot of whining later, even if it requires
> more work up front. Often a good thing if you find
> yourself in that situation :-)

There is also one downside for having such single-binary tools: what if there is
one such a tool every day (maybe new versions of the same base tool), and the
binaries are like 10-15MB big because the libraries have to be distributed every
time? It may be a problem.

I'd like to suggest another variant: in a LAN environment, the libraries might
be made available via the network. Not for download, but for the code loader.

regards,
Vlad