Concatenating atoms

Raimo Niskanen raimo@REDACTED
Tue Feb 1 09:56:20 CET 2005

Looking up an atom name in the atom table is fast. It is a hash table.
Creating the atom name to look for (creating the two parts and
appending) is also rather fast. All those operations are BIFs.
You will produce some garbage for the GC, - one cons cell (two
machine words) per character in Atom1 and two per character in
Atom2 (I guess), so it is hopefully not very much.