distributed application - replication of state

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Aug 25 14:07:15 CEST 2005

One way to do it is to simply pass some payload
in your UDP heartbeats. It doesn't matter much if
some of the packets are lost, since you keep
sending them, and it's the reception of such a
packet that alerts you that you have a partitioned
network.

/Uffe