application startup

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Mon Aug 22 17:39:16 CEST 2005

Nicolas Niclausse wrote:

> FYI, i've been using builder.erl for 1,5 year for IDX-Tsunami (i was
> tired of manual version number updatesin .rel files, that's
> why i tried it).

Oops! Suddenly, I have a whole user community!

> It's a bit awkward to make it work with applications not installed in
> the same location as erlang (or maybe I miss something), but it works.

I promise I'll work on the tutorial, and I'll most
likely fix a hundred bugs in the process.

I realise that I had focused mainly on supporting
the idea of incrementally building a system, one app
at a time. It wouldn't bee too hard to provide an
entry point for building a whole system. Digging
around, I noticed that I had started working on that
two years ago, but when I tried the stuff I found today,
it didn't work.  ):

/Uffe