application startup

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Mon Aug 22 15:29:42 CEST 2005

Serge Aleynikov wrote:

> Over the weekend, I briefly tried to experiment with the
> builder app by taking your 'dist' application from the
> "How-to" section of trapexit.org, and trying to creage
> a distibution package.  I had very little luck on getting
> a clean built.

I have never tried that (as was perhaps evident from the result.)

[snipped embarrassing crash reports]

> At this point I gave up because I had to take my daugter to a
> swimming pool.
>
> My humble suggestion would be that instead of replying to my
> email you would expand the help (or write a small tutorial)
> on how to make use of the 'builder' tool.

I will reply only to acknowledge that I've noted your
complaint, and also note that this is the first concrete
feedback I can remember since posting it on Jungerl two
years ago -- thank you! (: The fact that builder.erl hasn't
been updated in two years is not so much a testimony to the
quality of its code as it is an indication that noone,
including me, has used it enough to bother.

My daughter turned 2 last Saturday. That's my excuse for
not having run any hobby projects that make use of builder
during the last couple of years.  (:

/Uffe