try syntax in Emacs

Ingela Anderton ingela@REDACTED
Wed Apr 20 17:56:38 CEST 2005

Joel Reymont wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I noticed that the Erlang mode in Emacs does not include handling for try
> ... catch. This is probably not that important but I wanted to point it out.
The latest version does, however it does not really work as expected
for all possible constructs of try and catch. I think it works pretty
well for the most basic stuff though! The reason why it does not work
in all cases yet, is that quite a few things in the try, catch syntax
clashes with other erlang constructs. It is hard for the erlang mode
to distinguish between things such as ordinary catch and catch in
try.. catch, after in try.. catch and after in receive etc. Alas we have
not had time to resolve all these issues.

--
/Ingela - OTP team