Configuration update

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Mon Apr 11 21:05:05 CEST 2005

I think my prior submission attempt didn't get posted during list
unavailability, so here it is again:

-----------------
Is there a way to refresh the node/application's configuration by
rereading the content of the sys.config (or application-specific config
provided on command line, such as: "erl -config "file...") file without
restarting the node?

Since the content of the config file becomes a part of the application's
environment at node startup, I want to ensure that I can change the
configuration (by making changes in the config file using text editor),
and force the application to refresh its environment with the new
changes from file.  Merely trying to restart an application on a running
node doesn't reread the config file's content.

What's the OTP-way to address this problem?

Regards,

Serge

P.S.
I found an undocumented application_controller:change_application_data/2
function.  Am I looking in the right direction?