ASN.1 Parameterized Types... pls help

Casper <>
Thu Sep 30 11:55:30 CEST 2004

Hi All,

I'm finding difficult in absorbing "How to use ASN.1 TCAPMessage to
transport GSM MAP". The problem is how to generate TCAP Begin, Continue,
End, etc messages.

I read about the ASN.1 Parameterized Type, but still I could find the match
of ASN.1 specs for MAP and TCAP. I thought below might be the way, but still
that gives some compilation errors.

mapSpecificAS ABSTRACT-SYNTAX ::= {
  IDENTIFIED BY  gsm-MessagingId

MapSpecificPDUs ::=
  TCMessage{{ MAPOperations-Invokable}, { MAPOperations-Returnable}}

MAPOperations-Invokable OPERATION ::=
      {sendRoutingInfoForSM | mo-ForwardSM | mt-ForwardSM}
MAPOperations-Returnable OPERATION ::=
      {reportSM-DeliveryStatus | alertServiceCentre | informServiceCentre |

The error is as below (Erlang ASN.1 compiler),

For your information, I have attached TCAPMessages.asn and

I appreciate if anybody out there can give me some clue to solve this

Thanks in advance!