why erl_accept() encounter an ERROR

suresh saragadam <>
Tue Oct 19 10:51:54 CEST 2004

This solved my problem,
An Erlang started with a long node name cannot communicate with a node started with a short node name.
when i started Erlang Node with long node nome in the other system no error found
and program runs fine
before :
I communicated c node with short node name this coused error erl_accept
erl -sname foobar -setcookie passwd
after :
later i started erlang node with long node name program is running fine
and i changed the code in erlang sending process to long node name
erl -name foobar -setcookie passwd

ex for long node name
ex for short node name foobar
this solved my problem

suresh saragadam <> wrote:
I am using erl_interface for connection Erlang and C
connection established and working fine with one system and when i am working with the same program on other system 'elr_accept' ERROR is reflected
if ((fd = erl_accept(listen, &conn)) == ERL_ERROR)
/*      printf("Error %d %d", ERL_ERROR, fd); */
please let me know what may the reason
And one big doubt can we use erl_interface with out using this fn in the example given in reference manual for connection c node

Do You Yahoo!?

Do you Yahoo!?