JMS <--> erlang

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Mon Nov 15 23:08:03 CET 2004

Enrique Marcote Peña wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are thinking about using JMS for communicating an erlang application with
> J2ME clients.  Do you find it doable? Like/dislike the idea.  Better
> alternatives? XMPP?

I never liked the JMS protocol as being defined as a Java based protocol
with all other languages being "second class citizen".

XMPP could be a good bet. Another option could be to have a dedicated
server acting as a router of regarding messages sent as UBF, ASN.1,
XML-RPC messages.

Maybe if you could tell us a bit more about what your are trying to do
we could provide more contextuals advices.

I hope this helps, however.

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.erlang-projects.org/