R9C-1 installs broken links?

Erik Pearson <>
Sun May 30 21:30:27 CEST 2004

Great work to the OTP team!  But I did notice a small install
issue with the latest release.  Perhaps someone has commented
on this before.

On "make install" I've noticed install creates $prefix/bin
and tries to create some links.

Erl and erlc link fine but ear, ecc, elink, and escript create
broken links since there are no corresponding entries in

For this release, if these files are linked against their corresponding
entries in $prefix/lib/erlang/erts- things are fine.

Just thought I'd pass on the information.