[ANN] Release of Otp.Net framework

Vlad Dumitrescu <>
Sat May 8 22:51:03 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I have converted jinterface to C#, and since it works I thought I'd release
it. The code can be found on Jungerl, the lib/otp.net directory. The release
notes are appended. There's no docs, since it's working just like

Please let me know if someone starts using it.

I hope the make process of jungerl won't choke -- I didn't write any
Makefile, but used Borland's C#Builder.

I wonder about the copyright licence from the original code. Since it's a
direct translation, I think the original developer is still Ericsson, so I
left the original notice in place. If anyone thinks it should be otherwise,
let me know.

Release notes
V 0.2, May 2004 / Vlad Dumitrescu
This is a direct conversion from the Java code of jinterface-
(from R9C-0). It should therefore be pretty stable and deserve a version
closer to 1, but I'd like first to have it tested by more people.

I used a CloneObject class written by Amir Harel
(http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/cloneimpl_class.asp). There's no
copyright notice
accompanying the code, so I contacted the author (no answer yet).

I've been using Borland's C#Builder. There are some VisualStudio files, but
aren't current. I'll try to fix them when I get to work (where I have MS

Known issues:
- OtpSelf.accept() won't work, because of some issues with member visibility
System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient. The workaround is to always initiate
from the C# node. [*]
- If running the test program several times in a row, sometimes it succeeds
connect, sometimes it doesn't. I haven't figured out if it's a real problem
or a
timeout in the Erlang node (not allowing connections to be made too often).
- tracing level can now only be set in the code, because I don't know what
be the replacement for .properties files in C#.
- I am not sure about the thread synchronization stuff in GenericQueue. It
hits me to rediscover how gory it can be to do concurrency in anything else

Have fun!