ok or true? (fwd)

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Thu Mar 4 17:44:19 CET 2004

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, WILLIAMS Dominic wrote:

> Oh dear. I was very enthusiastic about the idea of a better standard
> library, following those guidelines, but as I think I made clear some
> time ago, I am not keen on the package concept.

Well, it helps when it comes to grouping functions. I dare not
think of how many collisions you would get with existing code if you
tried to add 50 new modules to the normal, flat Erlang module namespace
(unless you give all the new ones some ugly prefix).

Can't please everyone, though. :-)

	/Richard

Richard Carlsson (richardc@REDACTED)   (This space intentionally left blank.)
E-mail: Richard.Carlsson@REDACTED	WWW: http://user.it.uu.se/~richardc/
 "Having users is like optimization: the wise course is to delay it."
   -- Paul Graham