Mickaël Rémond <>
Thu Jun 24 09:27:10 CEST 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:58:31 +1200 (NZST), Richard A. O'Keefe
<> wrote:

> Eric Newhuis <> wrote:
> 	Microsoft Research just announced [Erlang.NET].
> 	No they didn't.  I toy with you.
> 	But what if that existed?  What would the implications be?

I think this could speed up the adoption of Erlang by adding direct access
to a huge amount of libraries.

This is a good middle term research projet, I think. It could be an
extension of Hipe, generating .net bytecode instead of native code ? I do
not know however if the execution approach of .net bytecode fits well with
Erlang one.

It could be interesting to see how it fits with Microsoft Messaging system
called Indigo.

Mickaël Rémond