Erlang on Mac OS X Panther

klacke@REDACTED klacke@REDACTED
Wed Jun 23 12:55:16 CEST 2004

I've bough meself a mac :-)

Anyway, I found the following two problems compiling erlang
on Panther OS X 10.3

- Erlang utilize internal zlib functions. In particular z_errstr()
  The zlib on OS X doesn't have the dunction.

# nm /usr/lib/libz.dylib | grep errstr

 Returns nothing. I solved it by
   - installing zlib from source in /usr/local
   - and hacking the generated Makefile
     to link with /usr/libz.a instead of just -lz

SSL application doesn't build correctly either:

  The link flags contained a -R which gcc doesn't inderstand
  I just removed the -R. Don't even know what it's supposed to do.

/klacke

--
Claes Wikstrom                        -- Caps lock is nowhere and
http://www.hyber.org                  -- everything is under control