The Great Computer Language Shootout is back

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Tue Jul 27 18:20:35 CEST 2004

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 08:42:23AM -0700, Isaac Gouy wrote:
}
}  What's wrong with doing throws? (I copied from the old Erlang book.)

Nothing really, however the test was of exception handling and my
version handles real exceptions in an Erlangish way.  The Programming
Rules and Conventions document does caution against using throw:

     http://www.erlang.se/doc/programming_rules.shtml#HDR25

}  I was tempted to use the process dictionary for the hash tests too ;-)

Using the process dictionary is cheating.

     http://www.erlang.se/doc/programming_rules.shtml#REF18861

I actually thought it would speed it up to remove the use of the
process dictionary however I was wrong.

	-Vance