ODBC 2.0.0 and the Nagel Algorithm

Rudolph van Graan rvg@REDACTED
Tue Jul 27 12:20:26 CEST 2004

Hi List,

Been playing with odbc some the last two days. Found that I couldn't
convince the odbc subsystem to do more than about 40 simple select
queries per second independent of the hardware on our Linux boxes with
unixodbc and postgres. After some messing around with odbcserver.c we
found that if you disable the nagel algorithm on the socket that odbc
uses, we can push the transaction rate up to close to 600/s. I am not
sure if this problem disappears on windows or solaris, but on linux it
degrades performance massively.

Regards,

Rudolph van Graan